Thursday, October 24, 2013

Great Black and White Photographers Part 3

1. The photographer I chose was Walker Evans, and as I was looking at his photos I noticed he took profile pictures, of peoples faces up close and of children. A particular picture that caught my eye was a couple at Cony Island and I'm a sucker for cute couple photos which really drew me in.

2. Couple at Cony island-  In this photo I see a cute couple looking of into the water and enjoying their one year anniversary at Cony Island. The lighthouse in the back has amazing designs I have never seen before and it looks unique. There are rides and houses in the back of me with other families enjoying their day. I can smell the woman's perfume blowing off into the breeze. I smell the popcorn people are making and the freshness in the breeze. Of to the distance I also smell that a baby is in the need of getting changed. I can hear the sounds of people in the background talking and laughing, with the sound of children's feet running all over the place. I can faintly hear the man whispering to the woman, "I love you". The woman says back "I love you too". I can taste the salt in the breeze coming from the coast not far away. I turn to the side of me and a small toddler hands me some popcorn with a lot of butter. It has an after taste which seems to taste of plastic but I don't mind. I feel so happy because it's such a beautiful day that has not been wasted. In some ways I also feel a little weird for watching the couple so I try to keep my distance. A sense of relief washes over me when I find out that I'm not the only one, because there is a man taking a picture of them when I turn around.

Saratoga Springs- I see no one on the streets, just me looking off into the row of cars. It looks gloomy and I wonder if that is why no one is walking around. I look up and see the trees, they have lost all their leaves and all that is left are a few bare branches. I can smell people cooking warm soup inside their house to keep warm on this cool rainy day. Down the street I smell that the baker has just taken out a loaf of bread. The bread smells like it has cinnamon and sugar on it. I hear someone around the corner, possibly getting into their car but it just be my imagination. I hear the engine starting and the sound of wheels turning so I realize it wasn't in my head. As they drive by I can hear them whistling and singing a sweet melody. I can taste a rain drop that has fallen on me that had made it's way down from the top of my head to the corner of my mouth. It tastes fresh and just like any glass of water. It doesn't taste dirty but just super pure. Lastly I feel calm and at peace because rain is one of the most beautiful things in the world and soon a rainbow will emerge once the sun comes out. I somewhat feel alone standing in the middle of a side walk with no one to talk to.  Then a sense of it's gone when I see someone starting to open their front door and walk towards me with a smile on their face.

3. I would like to create a blog because it is very simple to do and easy to access.

No comments:

Post a Comment